Full disclosure: Consume This accepts that climate change is real.
But Consume This is only partially and indirectly about climate change. We leave that story to the thousands of other storytellers already chasing that dragon.
This project is about consumption. And it’s in pursuit of a new perspective. A perspective that will help us actually achieve our environmental goals.
Join us and make a difference! Sign up and support us.
Because without consumers using everything they can possibly get their hands on to improve their day-to-day lives, there would be no need to worry. We consume on a level the planet has never experienced. And consumption levels aren’t going down any time soon.
- Are you willing to keep your current smartphone more than 2 years rather than upgrading it when the latest tech comes out?
- Are you willing to take the bus and get rid of your car?
- Are you willing to skip this winter’s tropical vacation?
- Are you willing to skip eating foods that cannot be produced in your area (no fruit and Veggies this winter)?
- Are you willing to stop eating meat?
- Are you willing to tell the developing world they cannot aspire to have what the West has had for generations?
- Are you actually aware of how all the stuff you have, need and use affects the environment?
- Are you willing to pay more for everything green and clean?
- Are you willing to lose a job during the transition?
- Are you willing to change, or should we focus on how to live in a different world going forward?